2006-11-12

D*A*S*H 5K, Jeffersonville, Indiana

I ran a decent race yesterday, shaving nearly 2.5 minutes off my last race time in September. It wasn't a PR, but it was close. It felt awful though. I breathed hard, and my legs felt like they were going to fall apart one muscle at a time. Skipping all the runs I did this week killed me. I need to get back on the road, even though I'm still phlegmy. Frankly, when I saw my time at the end of the chute, I nearly dropped my jaw. I thought for certain that I would have run over 33 minutes. but it was just 30:25! Amazing.

The day itself was miserable — 50° and overcast, sometimes misting. They had a small ceremony for Veterans' Day, which was nice. I wore my old dog tags and CSCW-1 ball cap. I found an old senior chief and shook his hand. Good Navy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment