In case you don't want to go to the link, my actual time was 25:51, which is a pace [10:25/mile] that I have been running recently. Not great, but it is better than the nearly 28 minutes I had thought it was. The problem was that the chute was so packed with people, I couldn't tell when I officially crossed the line. I guess they had a system for this.
Overall, I placed a stoner-friendly 420th out of 600, and in my age group [Males 35-39], I placed 41st out of 50. Nice neat numbers.
I've been feeling like this blog has become, like most blogs, a place to complain. Therefore, I will not discuss the bad things this hilly race did to my upper thighs and pelvis. Maybe I will create a myspace page and write a bunch of bad emo poems about it. Advil Liqui-Gels and Guinness Draught helped in my recovery.
I did want to shout out to the management of the race. They did a super-spectacular job. Everything was very well organized. This was the largest race in which I have run so far, but it ran every bit as smoothly as the smallest one.
Tags:
No comments:
Post a Comment