2007-02-28

There's a fine line between dedicated and stupid

ORN: Yesterday I ran 6 miles on the treadmill at the YMCA in 1:06:09. Put that in your crib and see if gypsies steal it. Over an hour on the frickin' treadmill!

I swear, the only thing that keeps me going with the long torture sessions on the treadmill is people watching. Sure, there are the sly, salacious ogles, but really, there are enough interesting characters at the YMCA to give the sweaty babes a run for their money. Last night, there was a guy that looked like a white supremacist lumberjack, wearing a flannel shirt [to the gym, mind you], jeans, and combat boots. There's the "gun show" dude with the disproportionately overdeveloped arms, average torso, and puny legs. There are the flocks, always traveling in sets of at least three, of teenage girls who seem to just wander around twirling their hair. When they do mount a cardio machine, they don't exert themselves enough to break a sweat. I guess because sweating is, like, all gross and stuff.

People watching. Not just for pervs anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment