2007-03-28

Hillsborough Massacre

ORN: It took me 45:28 to run 4.1 miles. Reason? The bloody hills.



Last night, I ran four miles in the Hillsborough subdivision near Taylorsville, Kentucky. It's called Hillsborough for some reason probably having to do with all the friggin' hills. It was nuts. The weather was hot, even at 18:30, and the sun seemed to be in my face the whole time.



As I left to go, my mother-in-law said "Watch out for the dogs; they might bite you." You see, being this is out in the country, folks [including my in-laws] let some of their dogs run free. Usually, it's great for the dogs. They get to roam and play together, get sprayed by skunks, eat frogs, chase vermin, and roll around in unclean things. Unfortunately, some dogs also fail their saving throws while crossing the street and end up crow food. In Hillsborough, apparently, there is a gang of dogs with a deeply held sense of ownership toward the subdivision and don't cotton to no strangers. I was on my guard.



It turned out that it was so hot, all the dogs I passed where lying on the grass panting. If they paid me any attention, it was to look at me as if to say "Hey dumbass! Don't you know how hot it is?"



Technorati Tags: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment