2007-03-19

What's my motivation?

ORN: ∅

No, that symbol that looks like a circle with a line through it is not some HTML/ASCII/Unicode error or something. It's the mathematical symbol for "empty set." Void. Total absence of value. {} I have not run since my last entry on Friday.

Not only have I not run, but my motivation level has also been null -- a missing value. I set my alarm to wake me Saturday morning so that I could go do my long run, a planned 10K. I woke up, actually rose from bed, checked the weather, and went back to bed. It was subfreezing, and I had no desire to go out into it and run. I could have gone to the YMCA and hit the treadmill. I could have run later in the day when it was 45-50°, but I did not. I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

No problem, right? There's always Sunday, right?

Sunday was like a Saturday rerun. Alarm. Rise. Check weather. Go back to bed. Feel like a loser all day as opportunity after opportunity to run slipped away. It actually turned out to be a relatively nice, sunny day on Sunday. Yet, again, I could not bring myself to run.

Today, I brought my workout bag to work, and there it sat all day, untouched underneath my desk. I know I could go to the YMCA or run in the neighborhood after work, but it will take a Herculean effort to get me to do it. Heracles would have to actually show up and drag me out of the house after a well-deserved smackdown. Or better yet Xena. Or Gabrielle. I'm easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment