2007-04-11

Running around in a circle doesn't suck if ...

... the circle is 1.2 miles in circumference.

ORN: I ran 3.6 miles in 37 minutes and some change.

Confession time. I am not looking forward to July. July will be the year anniversary of the beginning of my running habit. July will also be the beginning of my speed work. I will start doing intervals and stuff like that. While I have nothing to say about that, I do hate the thought of running on a track. Running around in a circle is nearly as horrible to me as running on a treadmill. At least on a treadmill, you have a TV right in front of your face.

I was on the track team in high school so my hatred of the track goes back to the Reagan administration. Among the many things I hate about it is that I cannot keep the lap count in my head. Seriously. I run around and around and I am thinking "Was that five or six?" And if I have to run, like, 16 laps, then I will surely end up running 18 or 15 because I lose count. Of course, I could use my watch/iPod or buy one of those clicky things and keep lap counts that way, but futzing around with a gadget while I run is hard. My hands get quite uncoordinated. I push buttons twice when I mean to only do it once or I push the wrong buttons.

Speaking of gadgets, I am trying to block my ears against the siren call of the Nike+ Sports Kit. I have some birthday cash burning a hole in my wallet, and I have just enough to buy one. I spent part of the day researching them; another part of the day talking myself out of buying it. Buy yourself ingredients for a new batch of home brew, I said. Or buy yourself bling for your new bike. Or buy yourself Rockin' Bones: 1950s Punk and Rockabilly.

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment