ORN: Three miles in 30:49 around the ol' JCC track again. It wasn't as bad this time. I left my brain in a locker.
I caught some heat from barefoot ted and thinmann for my post yesterday on the subject of barefoot running. They took me to task, saying essentially try it before you knock it. Fair enough.
I might give it a go soon, and of course, I will write about it because that is what I do here I guess. [I want the t-shirt that says "I'm so blogging this." I wonder if it comes in a technical?] In fact, I bet the track at the JCC would be a good place to try it. It's a rubbery surface so my tender little tootsies would probably not get mangled as bad as it might otherwise.
The problem I find is that there is a dearth of good places to run barefoot in this area. And since it has been a relatively dry summer, the grass is like cactus. Running on asphalt right away is probably not the way to go. If I had a beach nearby, then I'd do it there in a heartbeat.
So sorry gents for poo-pooing your lifestyle. I'll give it a try soon and then complain about it. (^__^)
Technorati Tags: running, workouts, running barefoot, mea culpa
I caught some heat from barefoot ted and thinmann for my post yesterday on the subject of barefoot running. They took me to task, saying essentially try it before you knock it. Fair enough.
I might give it a go soon, and of course, I will write about it because that is what I do here I guess. [I want the t-shirt that says "I'm so blogging this." I wonder if it comes in a technical?] In fact, I bet the track at the JCC would be a good place to try it. It's a rubbery surface so my tender little tootsies would probably not get mangled as bad as it might otherwise.
The problem I find is that there is a dearth of good places to run barefoot in this area. And since it has been a relatively dry summer, the grass is like cactus. Running on asphalt right away is probably not the way to go. If I had a beach nearby, then I'd do it there in a heartbeat.
So sorry gents for poo-pooing your lifestyle. I'll give it a try soon and then complain about it. (^__^)
Technorati Tags: running, workouts, running barefoot, mea culpa
No comments:
Post a Comment