2007-08-14

Immaturity related to the word 'fartlek'

ORN: 1 mile warm-up, 2 miles of smelly fartlek, and 1 mile cool down = 4 miles.

I want to also make mention that this morning my back yard was saturated with the heavy stink of skunk. [This is a blog, and blogs are all about personal observations. Cope. I have no one else but you, dear Reader, with whom I can get all emo. Be grateful I'm not writing poems about it.] Anyway, it was bad. Not like when you are driving down the highway, pass through a Pepe le Pew cloud, and catch a whiff. Oh no. It was like your dog rolled in a mountain of dead chickens and rhinoceros poo, and then got sprayed by ¡El Zorrillo de los Muertos! I'm pretty sure it wasn't me because I had showered by this point. Nor do I think it was my upper lip.

I know what you are thinking. Fartlek. Talking about bad smells. Very clever, Ed. Fine, I will get on with talking about the run itself.

Go me! I got up at 05:10 and ran! And it was a marvelous morning. It was actually cool for once, rather than sweltering. While it felt great, I am still out of shape from my sporadic running habits this summer. So this workout, though arguably a speed workout, still was much slower, on average, than my best four miler when I was in shape before the summer turned Earth into Venus. Nevertheless, I finished and I didn't walk.

Tomorrow, Thor willing, I will get out of bed and do five miles. Thursday is supposed to be an easy day, so if I can just get over the hump, I'll be in the tall cotton so to speak.

BTW, remember last week's cancer scare? Turns out my loved one is going to have to get a bladder-ectomy because the cancer infiltrated, at least, his bladder tissue. The surgery will determine whether or not is spread beyond the bladder, and what the next steps will be. Scary time. Oh yeah, and GE turned me down for a sweet, sweet job. Yeah, yesterday was a peach of a day.

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment