ORN: The Louisville Half Marathon, 13.1 in 2:40 something. The official results haven't been posted yet.
I ran well considering my "taper" was more like two whole weeks off. The first six miles or so flew by. Not because I was running fast. I ran slower than a Winnebago in the fast lane with its left turn blinker on. They sped by in my mind because I was caught up in the excitement of the event. My Nike+ would say "Hey dumbass, you ran 1 mile," and before I knew it, it was ticking off the second mile. They were breezing by.
Then, somewhere around mile 8, things started getting really hard. At mile 9, I said to myself, OK, this is about as far as you've ever run. And you have more than a 5K to go. I took my first walking break about then, and I think that was a mistake. Restarting running was hard. And each run-walk cycle got harder until around mile 12 when I saw the Water Tower and knew that the race was nearly over.
I manage to run most of the last mile fairly strongly.
I don't know whether I am going to continue to maintain this blog anymore. I'm not seeing any benefit, so I think I'll just quit. I'm still going to run; I just won't blog about it. Good luck, all, and keep running,
No comments:
Post a Comment