2008-03-11

Easy week ahead

ORN: 4.12 miles in 40:02, which is frakking amazing. Whereas, I did not feel especially fast today, I felt strong. My legs pulled me along and I bounded up the hill from the RiverWalk to Main Street at the end. A good run considering how sore I was yesterday. Two more days of four-milers this week, and then I'm running in the Rodes City 10K on Saturday. That'll mean I have about a 19 mile week, unless I do a couple extra Saturday afternoon just for grins and giggles. Last week, I did nearly 26 miles, so 19 is something of a down-shift.

Yesterday, my left knee and both feet were quite sore from the long run on Sunday. By the end of the day, I probably could have run, but I didn't want to chance it. Instead I took handfuls of ibuprofen and did a few core exercises while watching TV. Specifically, I did two sets each of sit-ups, crunches, and push-ups. I have to be ready for speedo weather.

My run today was a welcome break from the unpleasantness of work. I've been beating my head against the wall trying to solve this nagging configuration problem with the application I am presently trying to deploy. I won't bore you with the details, but suffice it to say Bill Gates and the .Net Framework development team at Microsoft will not be getting a Christmas card from me this year.
  1. That's Showbiz - Reverend Horton Heat
  2. The One I Want - Green Day
  3. The Row - Isaac Green & The Skalars
  4. She's an Angel - They Might Be Giants
  5. The Walk [Everything Mix] - The Cure
  6. Welcome to Paradise v1.0 - Front 242
  7. Absolutely Bill's Mood - Eugene Chadbourne/They Might Be Giants
  8. Sing - Dresden Dolls
  9. 13 - The Real McKenzies
  10. The International Sin Set - My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult
  11. Every Dog Has Its Day - Flogging Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment