2008-03-29

Papa John's 10 Miler

ORN: My official time was 1:44:56, a fine time for me. The day was lovely, if cold, and the race was exceptionally well managed. There were water stations every two miles packed with attentive volunteers, and each mile marker had a large clock and enthusiastic volunteers with music and drums.

I ran a 10/1 run/walk pattern the whole way. By means of that I kept a steady pace up until the eighth mile or so when I started to really falter. I know my pace was steady because I followed this woman with very red hair the whole race. Reading that last sentence, it sounds as though I was stalking her; but honestly I was just trying to keep up with her. Her hair made her quite recognizable. Then once she sped off, there were a pair of girls with pink shirts with turtles on the back that said "Slow is the New Fast." I tried to keep pace with them until the last half mile or so when I took off.

The whole race flew by. I felt good most of the way, even through the endlessly hilly parts of Iroquois Park. Toward the end, I started to get really tired, though. At the end, I was done... completed... finished. I intended to run back to my car, but I was limping. I had nothing left.
  1. Spred Satin - The Articles
  2. Will Ye No Come Back Again? - The Real McKenzies
  3. Little Room - The White Stripes
  4. Freeze Up - Operation Ivy
  5. Ashes in the Fall - Rage Against the Machine
  6. Diesel Power - The Prodigy
  7. Down On Me - Janis Joplin
  8. Work 242 N.Off is N.Off - Front 242
  9. They Make Me Mad - The Selecter
  10. Mic Check - Rage Against the Machine
  11. Green Strawberry Crate Waltz - Foibles
  12. Fuel My Fire - The Prodigy
  13. Been It - The Cardigans
  14. New Millennium Homes - Rage Against the Machine
  15. Crazy - Bim Skala Bim
  16. Psycho Therapy - Ramones
  17. Let's Go - Rancid
  18. Serial Thrilla - The Prodigy
  19. Icky Thump - The White Stripes
  20. Three Minute Hero - The Selecter
  21. Solidarity - Rancid
  22. Rag And Bone - The White Stripes
  23. Michelle - The Beatles
  24. Get on the Ball - No Doubt
  25. Hit - The Sugarcubes
  26. You're Bread and Butter Pickles, Baby - The Articles
  27. Headhunter (Suspicious mix) - Front 242
  28. Hold Me Tight - The Beatles
  29. Rolling Stone - Bob Marley and The Wailers
  30. Floyd the Barber - Nirvana
  31. War Within a Breath - Rage Against the Machine

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you left it all on the course, which is the best way to run a race!

    ReplyDelete