2008-04-03

Rambling

ORN: { } I'd like to say that I've been resting and carefully avoiding injury on account of the persistent pains in my feet and legs. That's a small part of why I haven't run much this week. The other big part is that I'm not a huge fan of running in the rain, and it's been coming down in buckets lately. Last night, in fact, one of our gutters detached from the house on account of the rain, causing a small waterfall on our front porch. The house was beach-front property for a while because of nearby flooding. The dog nearly shat her fur from the thunder and lightning.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One of the strangest things I've received in a race goodie bag was the beer cozy that I got from the Papa John's 10 Miler. You know what I'm talking about, right? It's one of those insulator things you put over your beer can or bottle to keep your suds cold. My question to the race organizers: Do I look like the sort of bloke who holds a beer long enough to let it go warm? Seriously, I was a physics major for one semester, so I know all about thermodynamics. Ain't no way I let my beer get undrinkably warm in the short span between opening and tossing the bottle. Of course, I savor my beer, but damn! It's 12 ounces of liquid, not a lifetime commitment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have in my hand Little One's soccer schedule. This week, I am going to have to miss my Saturday morning running group because she's got a game at 10:00. The real pisser is that I will have to get up at 7 or so to finish my long run before game time. And she's got a game on the day of the Derby Festival Mini Marathon. Frustrating.

1 comment:

  1. I'm bummed you weren't there today because I wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

    ReplyDelete