2008-05-12

Vacation was teh sexy

ORN: 4.0 miles in 40:16. Not too shabby, all things considered. I'm back home, so I ran along the river once again, watching the ducks, fishermen, railroad workers, and barges along the Ohio.

I was a bad boy over vacation. After my miserable run on Monday of last week, I didn't run again until today. For what it's worth, I walked a hell of a lot. The Orange County Convention Center in Orlando is about a mile long [OK, at least a half mile], and I paced up and down that sucker all day for four days. Then, there was St. Augustine. Ahh, St. Augustine.

Wifey, Little One, and I really started our vacation once we kicked the Orlando dust from the soles of our feet, and made the two hour trek up the Florida coast to St. Augustine, America's oldest consistently-occupied, European-founded city. [Native Americans had cities millenia ago, and my people -- the Vikings -- rowed here to form settlements centuries before those sissy English decided to brave the cross-Atlantic in their fancy-pants sailing ships.]

We played on the beach, swam in the pool, waded into the ocean, ran and walked on the sand. We were not idle, but I did not run.

This week, though, I am back on track. I ran today, and I intend to get my run on all week. Also, we are YMCA members again, so I will have spinning classes, yoga, swimming, and weight lifting options, not to mention child care. Which is huge. I might go to the Y on Thursday and Sunday.
  1. Generation Why - Reverend Horton Heat
  2. Floating Bridge - MC Frontalot
  3. WWIII - KMFDM
  4. Green - Descendents
  5. Iron Man - Black Sabbath
  6. Healthy Body (Uncut Version) - Operation Ivy
  7. I Can See Clearly - Screeching Weasel
  8. The Curse of Jed - Big John Bates
  9. Smile - K'naan
  10. Swap Meet - Nirvana
  11. Dragula [Hot Rod Herman Remix] - Rob Zombie
  12. Star Bellied Boy - Bikini Kill
  13. Julie Julie - Hot Knives

No comments:

Post a Comment