2008-07-19

Super day

ORN: 6.6 miles in 1:12:30 on a lovely Saturday morning. The birds were chirping, the squirrels and rabbits were breakfasting, and I trying not to crap my pants. Seriously, about a mile in, I had the most urgent urge, but I held it all together and had a terrific run. I feel great. Not too tired but pleasantly expended. And my feet don't hurt. I'm loving these shoes.

Let's keep this between you and I; I started the day off with some trespassing. I drove to a local high school to make use of their track. I needed to calibrate my Nike+, and tracks are the best places. Unfortunately for me, the place was chained shut. Fortunately for me, I was skinny enough to shimmy through the gate anyway. That's one load off my mind.

Last thing, I've decided that I really want a Garmin Forerunner 405, but who doesn't. Now all I have to do is win the lottery or find some drug dealer's bankroll on the side of the road one morning. *sigh*

3 comments:

  1. I'd love the new Garmin too, but banks are being tight with personal loans these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get it yet. Very buggy. We've had to send several back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous21:40

    I've had good luck with mine, but could only afford it because I auctioned off my arm and leg and kidney... which oddly enough makes it a bit more difficult to run.

    ReplyDelete