2008-10-11

Great Saturday

ORN: I stumbled through 4.0 miles in 44'32" this lovely fall morning, and last night I ran a quick 2.0 in 21'13". I'm slowly getting back into it.

What was remarkable about this run, as it is with most of my long runs when I don't wear my iPod, is the strange places where my mind wanders. I won't go into every detail, but I have pretty much decided that I am suspending my active job search until the new year. I've gotten told from multiple people that hiring freezes up at the end of the year and doesn't unfreeze until after the new year's new budgets start flowing. I will keep my eyes open, and apply for things as I see them, but I'm going into passive mode until 2009.

What that means is that I am going to need to do what it takes to survive another couple months in my present job.

But freeing myself from constantly worrying about networking and ferreting out the next opportunity means that I can concentrate all that energy on other things. I have plenty to do around the house, and we can all benefit by me being more fully present at home. Maybe I will have more energy for running, too. That would be lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment