2008-11-14

I blame the Engineering Department

ORN: I oozed, slug-like, through 4.0 miles in 43'32" on account of overindulging at the Engineering Thanksgiving Breakfast™. What? You weren't invited? Understandable. I've been working here eight years and I only now got invited. Biscuits & gravy, hash brown casserole, sausage, coffee cake, frittata. Two hours after gobbling down a few thousand calories of eggs, cheese, and grease, I am on the road trying to run. I felt like a little invisible cholesterol demon (Type I, two hit dice, armor class 5) was punching me in the bread-basket every 4th step or so.

By the way, the weather was gorgeous -- 62° and sunny. Tomorrow, it's supposed to be cold and rainy (perhaps snowy.)

This hasn't been the best week for me, wellness-wise. The promise of last week's "two cross training sessions per week" turning into a habit has gone the way of so many promises to be a good boy, thanks in part to Wifey getting a sinus infection, but mainly because I'm lazy. My weight has edged back up and plateaued due to poor diet. But I have been semi-consistent with my running, so there's your silver lining.

I wish I could find that spark, that fire, that would motivate me to eat like I am supposed to and lose 10 pounds. I think if I had 10 fewer pounds, not only would I be at my ideal weight, I'd run easier, feel better about myself, and look about as good as I can without getting breast implants. But I just cannot stop eating crap, and I think that is at least 80% of the problem. I eat when I am not hungry, eat fatty garbage when healthier choices are available, and eat too few vegetables. I see myself doing it, but I cannot stop.

Oh well. I'm headed out of town this weekend for some much needed R&R. I'm bringing my gym bag because I still have 4 miles to do.

1 comment:

  1. You cannot be blamed for that breakfast. Who can turn down biscuits & gravy, hash brown casserole, sausage?? I couldn't.

    Really? Eight years invested before you got invited? That doesn't sound too cool.

    Have a great weekend, with some good running!

    ReplyDelete