ORN: This morning, I ran four miles in 38'53", which is fairly consistent with the way I've been running lately. Two of those miles were into a 15-20 m.p.h. headwind. That would be tolerable if it were not also 29° and snowing. February is a dirty skank that gives you crabs, eats the last of the peanut butter, and sleeps with your room mate; I will not miss her when she's gone.
Moving on. I gotta mention Lost because last night was one of those episodes that left me scratching my head. Let me be clear: I'm about to complain, but it's still the best show on TV right now. I criticize because I love. I nag because I know you can be better, Lost.
Anyway, the stuff that happened in last night's episode was just a little too easy. I hope I don't spoil anything, but the characters got from plot-points A to B to C a little too neatly. Was it rushed storytelling? Were the writers trying to get to C as quickly as they could? I don't know precisely how to describe what was off about it. The episode left me with a deus ex machina taste in my mouth. It seemed sloppy. Yet, I have faith. I imagine they are using their time-worn technique of showing us stuff that baffles the hell out of us and then filling in the blanks later. Given how this season is going, I might have my puzzlement satisfied in the next couple episodes.
I do love how they are wrapping stuff up, though not always to my 100% satisfaction.
I love your ORN's. Keep it up, February is almost done.
ReplyDeleteAlso, your comments on Lost are enough to want me to go out and get a TV.... but think of all the running I wouldn't do if I had a TV.
I can't complain about February yet. It hasn't been too terrible in NJ.
ReplyDeleteAnd for Lost, I was pretty surprised at how quickly A got to B got to C, albeit with some mysteries as to how some of them got to C.
I decided I had enough time to do either tv or the internets but not both. the internets won. good on you for keeping up your running through this relatively cold winter - spring is on its way!
ReplyDelete