2009-03-14

The weather could have been better

ORN: This morning, I ran 10 miles in 1:42'24", which is my best 10-miler time this year. It was a great run, taking me from Seneca to Cherokee to Tyler Park. I ran with a guy from the running group until our routes diverged, but he was a few seconds per mile faster than I. We didn't really run together, I guess.

The weather was cool (low 40s) and overcast, until the last mile or two when it started drizzling.

The great parts about today's run were that I ran through new parts of Louisville. I haven't been in the Tyler Park area in years, and whereas I used to hang out on Bardstown Road all the time, I hardly ever go there now. But I ran through these areas this morning, and it was great. Also, I ran through the Cherokee Triangle neighborhood, which has all sorts of beautiful, old mansions. I ran past the statue of Daniel Boone and then up to Hogan's Fountain. It was just a wonderfully varied route.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:30

    That is one good run!
    I love long runs because they can take you places that you haven't been before. It's great to run in new places.

    ReplyDelete