2009-03-25

We're mass communicatin' now!

ORN: Today was what the rave run tag is for. Despite the gloomy, rainy weather, I had a great run today. I ran a personal-best in the 10K, 55'18". I'll save you from doing the math; that's an 8'55" average pace. But more than being a speedy run, with me feeling faster and stronger with each mile, today's workout just felt good. Everything clicked. Everything fell into place. I couldn't believe what my body was doing, and then it just kept doing more. Amazing.

Long-time readers know that one of my life-goals is to become huge on the Internet, an online celebrity more along the lines of Wil Wheaton than the Star Wars Kid. Today, I am one step closer to immortality. My first podcasting experience is now online. I participated in a discussion with Amy from Runners' Lounge and BigB from BigB on the Road, on the subject of Getting Started Running. Download it here.

Also, if you plan to run the 2009 Chicago Marathon, I'll see you there. I signed up last night. My buddy, Chris, and I are going to do it. We're going to drive or fly up there, depending on cost, and drag our wives along for a fun couples mini-vacation of sorts. In other words, while Chris and I suffer through 26.2 miles along Lake Michigan, the gals will be sitting somewhere comfortable, sipping wine and cocktails, laughing at us. For this race, I'm going to sign up as a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. I hope to raise at least $1,000. More on that in a few months.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous22:20

    *Big Bow* for doing the run for a good cause (and the cause you chose).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're super awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on the Chicago Marathon. We took a mini-vacation to Chicago last year for the Human Race 10K and had a blast!!

    ReplyDelete