ORN: This morning, the alarm went off at 5 AM, and I promptly reset it and went back to bed. I couldn't help it. I haven't been sleeping well lately, and I've been going to bed too late. To punish myself, I ran on my lunch break. I did six miles along the river with a four mile tempo segment at a target pace of 8'36" per mile. But with the heat I could only manage an average 8'46" pace. On the up-side, my final split was an impressive 8'27". Not too shabby. In spite of the heat, my running felt great today. Were it 50° instead of 80°, I would have run crazy-fast today. Running in 80° weather with 80% humidity and heavy wind is never a recipe for a PR, but today I was 13 seconds shy of running one. The whole effort took me 55'22".
The moral of this story is to run in the morning during the summer, no matter how badly you feel.
Yesterday, I did 45 minutes on the stationary bike. Were it not for DJ Nano dropping the beats, the boredom would have made me quit and go gorge myself on White Castles. I suffered through the workout, and my intestines were saved.
Tomorrow, I cross train again. On Sunday, I have 20 miles planned. What I am really looking forward to this weekend, though, is going to the State Fair. One of the reasons why I run is so I can do things like go eat State Fair food and drink State Fair beer and not gain too much weight. I love fair food. My 20-miler ought to buy me a ribeye sandwich smothered in grilled onions, a basket of fries, and a tall brewski. Om nom nom nom.
No comments:
Post a Comment