My challenge this Thanksgiving was to actually get on the road. I woke up with my family around 0730, and immediately began throwing on my cold weather gear. I didn't even think. I saw that my wife was taking care of the kiddo, got my stuff together, and hit the bricks. I knew that if I didn't run right then, as soon as I got up, I would never do it. I knew this last night, so I just committed myself to sucking it up and doing the run.
As many weight loss programs will tell you, having a plan going into the holidays will help you make better choices when you are actually in the thick of it. Sure enough, it works. At least it did for me.
Once I was done with the run, which was hard if only because it was 34°, I felt pretty good about myself. I thought, "Even if I eat like a complete glutton [I did], I got my miles in."
No comments:
Post a Comment