2006-12-11

bloody awful

This hasn't been my best week. I started the week with a killer case of the green apple splatters, and I just never got my legs back. I felt fine physically. I guess it was my depression. Yeah, on top of everything else, I am in treatment for depression. For the most part, the medication takes care of things, but the last couple weeks have been pretty hard with lots of stressors in my personal life and little relief. If I believed everything I read, I would be out there running all the time because, hey, there's nothing like running for depression, right?

People that write that bull$**t have never been really depressed.

I get depressed, and I do as little as I can get away with. I get out of bed and go to work. I take care of Little Girl, in some minimalist sense. I do what needs doing that will keep me out of trouble, but running certainly isn't one of the things on that list. It's one of the many things that simply suck when I am depressed. So I don't, and I circle the drain.

But I have a race coming up Saturday, and I need to be ready. It's just a 4K, and it will be a snap. Still, I don't want to be sucking wind the whole time. And I don't want to come in last, behind the walkers. I have to make it a point to get on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment