But on the third day, we buried my grandmother. This was after about half a week of hugging and shaking hands with friends, relatives, and well-wishers from far and wide, some of whom said they were "getting over something." Well, funerals being what they are, there was plenty of opportunity for virii and bacteria to have orgies in everybody's mucus membranes, and now everybody is sick, including wifey and I. My three year old, miraculously, is not. Apparently, the petri dish known as preschool has made her a hardy specimen. But for the rest of us, it was a long weekend.
I went to work on the 4th, and I should not have. I went right to bed after I got home. Friday was just surreal as I wavered between this world and the realm of influenza [or whatever bug has crippled me.] Saturday was marginally better, but as my wife got worse, my duties of watching the child increased and so I didn't get as much rest as I probably could have used. On Sunday, my mother in law came to the rescue and took the Little One so wifey and I could recuperate.
Stupidly, I went to work today because I felt a little better. After a two hour coughing fit, and a headache that has not gone away since I woke up, I decided to go home at lunch.
Needless to say, I have not run in all this time.
Tags:
No comments:
Post a Comment