True, yesterday, I ran five miles faster than ever. Also true, it was the first time running five miles on the street instead of a treadmill. Likewise, my last many, many four mile runs have all been on treadmills. So today's incredible performance is remarkable only in that this is the first time I have run four miles on the street since last month's Snowman Shuffle race.
Still, it is encouraging to be out on the streets again. I don't know how long the favorable weather is going to last, but I am making the most of it. Tomorrow is a cross training day, thank the gods, because my legs, unused as they are to running on sidewalks, could use a day off.
Oh, and tomorrow is yet another new episode of Lost. Is it a bad thing that the highlights of my week are days off from running and Lost?
Tags:
*smile* arrrrr - and i realy thought that i could invite you as the first viking to join us as an URBAN SPORT GUERRILLERO.
ReplyDeleteThat could be a mixture of cultures - vikings and guerrilleros. Interesting!
I wish you the best and that you reach your targets this year. Greetings from Hamburg in Germany,
Carlos
www.endorphinum.de
Guten Tag, Carlos. Danke! I signed up for your site, and it is really slick.
ReplyDelete