Yesterday, when I was supposed to run my seven mile odyssey [never run that far before], I woke up with a little nausea and some discord down below the belt. Being the hardcore guy I am, I went to work anyway. When I arrived at work, I immediately ran to the bathroom and had an episode [a polite euphemism for something very impolite.] I drank down some cool ice water and tried to visualize rainbows and kittens, hoping my digestive system would take the hint to chill the fuck out. However, it did not. Fifteen minutes later, I was back in the loo. Then ten minutes after that I was back contemplating throwing up. So, in the first hour of work, I spent about 8 minutes total at my desk. Most of that time I spent sipping water and muttering "oof" under my breath, half-belching, half-retching. I decided that if I was going to be this miserable, I might as well do it in pajamas so I went home.
I slept most of the day. When I wasn't sleeping, I was in the bathroom. Around mid-day, I ate a little toast. Then I managed a little more toast around dinner-time.
I hope this means I will lose a pound or two this week.
Today I have been feeling fine. I ate some breakfast without incident, and lunch has stayed down so far. I've been drinking more than my usual [insufficient] amount of water and that makes me feel better. After work, I plan to run 3.5 on the road before going home. Then I need to manage another 4 tomorrow to bring me to 20 for the week. That would mean that for the first time this year, the Pace Bunny will have actually lost some ground to me. Rawk!
Tags:
No comments:
Post a Comment