2007-03-30

Monstrous ball

ORN: Nada.



My exercise ball came in the mail yesterday! I ordered a 65 cm exercise ball from eBay because I've been reading all this crap about how developing your "core" will give you all these superpowers like heat vision, irresistible sex appeal [scorpions only], and bulletproof abs. I don't know if there is any more to it than any other health fad, but I got a great deal on the exercise ball. Even if I don't get inner thighs of steel, at least I will be able to brag about my frugality.



So after work, I spent the better part of an hour pumping the bastard up. Being an American and somewhat challenged with the whole metric system thing, I didn't put together in my mind that a 65 cm ball should be nearly a meter across. OK, 65% of a meter anyway. That's a lot of freakin' air. Once I got it pumped up, later that evening, I did a quick workout.



Oh. My. Gawd.



The advantage, my sources tell me, of using an exercise ball when you do ab crunches, for instance, is that I have to use so many more muscles to just keep myself stable. I'm not just crunching my abdominal muscles; I'm also using muscles I never knew I had along my ribcage, hips, and legs as my body struggles not to fall over on this big ass ball. After several minutes of nearly wiping out, I started to get the hang of it. At the end of my brief workout, I was out of breath and felt like I got my money's worth.



Today, I have these strange aches in all these muscles I never knew I had. Not normal aches like I sometimes get after a run in all the usual places. I've got aches in all these little muscles that only ping me when I do strange things like twist in my chair or tie my shoes.



Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment