ORN: 5K around the 'hood in 33:18. 'Twas frustrating because I felt like I could have run faster/better. The heat (near 90°) was not helpful, and it was all I could do to keep from falling down dead. I placed a water bottle in my yard, near the midpoint of my run, and that was fairly helpful.
Running without my Nike+ was a pain, but I will get used to being without it. It was just so tremendously convenient to have a little voice tell me how far I had run and how far I had yet to go. And being a data geek, it was pure heaven getting those graphs at the end of the run. I'm in mourning, but I think I am letting go.
I obtained a route map for this weekend's race, the Possum Ridge 5K in Taylorsville Lake State Park. It doesn't look too hilly, if Google's map is to be believed.
Running without my Nike+ was a pain, but I will get used to being without it. It was just so tremendously convenient to have a little voice tell me how far I had run and how far I had yet to go. And being a data geek, it was pure heaven getting those graphs at the end of the run. I'm in mourning, but I think I am letting go.
I obtained a route map for this weekend's race, the Possum Ridge 5K in Taylorsville Lake State Park. It doesn't look too hilly, if Google's map is to be believed.
No comments:
Post a Comment