2007-06-21

Track workouts are teh suck

ORN: Seven horrible kilometers in 48 miserable minutes and 13 god-awful seconds.

On a goof, I decided to run in the indoor track at the JCC. I thought it would be good if for no other reason it would allow me to calibrate my (3rd) new Nike+ Sports Kit since April. More on that in a minute. Actually, it was awful. True, it was about five degrees cooler, but on nearly every other level, the run sucked. It sucked because I was running on a 100 meter track. 7000 meters / 100 meters = 70 bloody laps.

But I do have to throw out some positive vibes to Apple's customer service. The running store were I acquired the first two Kits must have had them on the shelf for years. Or perhaps they just got a bum shipment. In any case, Apple's customer service was Johnny-On-The-Spot. Monday morning I submitted a warranty product replacement request, and yesterday [Wednesday] I was calibrating my new Kit. I have nothing to say about that, except I just wish they'd designed the thing with a replaceable battery so I could have avoided a lot of hassle.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

2 comments:

  1. I ran a 5K on a track last week and I swear I'm never doing it again. To run that much on a track shows how much of a mental game running truly is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous06:33

    Running in an indoor track is quite boring. You must really be positive to have finished your 7000 meters.

    ReplyDelete