2007-08-05

I behaved well in Dublin

ORN: 3 miles in a pathetic 35:27.

Just to have answered my alarm, risen from bed, and gone to run in Dublin, Ohio, after the night of fish-and-chips and stout that I had Friday night was a major victory. I'm not too disappointed by the speed at which I finished. I finished, and some days that enough.

The Irish festival was a rockin' good time. I participated in what may possibly have been a Guinness Book of World Records event -- the most people dancing a jig at the same time. Last night, with a belly full of Japanese steak, rice, Woodchuck cider, and one or two fried pickles, I danced a jig for five minutes with my four year old on my shoulders.

If ever there was a testament to my fitness level, it was that.

I hope to get out there and do my five mile long run today, but if not, I'm content. I'm pretty worn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment