ORN: 3 miles in 32:51 or so. It was too hot, even at 07:00 to do any better.
There's no sense in it being this hot. It's just stupid. I see now we are in a death spiral with this whole global warming thing. We run the A/C, which causes the coal plants to huff and puff, which adds greenhouse gases, which makes it hotter. We drive with our air conditioned cars because it's too hot, which releases more greenhouse gases. There's no hope until winter.
Anyway, I didn't run much this week for a couple reasons. The heat wasn't actually a main reason. A close relative was diagnosed with bladder cancer late last week, and this week we were all on pins and needles in anticipation of surgery. The surgery went off well, but we await test results to see whether the cancer is all gone or whether he will need chemo. Worrying, I stayed up too late to run in the mornings, and it was too hot to run any other time, though I could have used the stress relief.
In other news, I am way past my goal in fund-raising for my race coming up this weekend. Thanks to all who contributed; woe to you who have not yet emptied your pockets. May your toast always fall buttered side down. o_0
No comments:
Post a Comment