ORN: 3.5 miles... 5 short hill repeats... 40:36 total time. Man, that was a hard workout.
They posted the results to Saturday's race, and I did about as well as I expected. I ran it in 29:32, which is a personal record for me. My previous PR for the 5K was 30:05. You can't see this, but I am patting my own back right now.
As far as placement goes, I placed 215th overall [49%], 141st in my gender [62%], and 25th in my age group [76%]. Not great, but I did really good for me.
Today, I ran five short hill repeats in Seneca Park. I did a one mile warm up, then I ran up and down Cherokee Garden Road [0.1 mile] five freakin' times. I finished with another mile cool down. The morning was lovely, which was great since the workout was a bitch. I'd have probably lain down and died if it was raining or something.
Getting to work was no problem. I didn't get lost coming out of Cherokee Park, a miracle because that place is the Labyrinth to me. I mean, I swear that place has a Minotaur in there somewhere. And I bet that bull-headed bugger used to narc on me in high school when I'd bring a date there to make out because I'd always get the cops rolling by with their flashlights just as I was making my moves. Then I'd be all nervous trying to get out of the park, get lost, and tremble with the thought that the cop would think that I was impaired because I was driving around like I just got off the boat. I guess I should have dated Ariadne.
Whoa, sorry for the digression. I don't know where that came from.
My point is that I got up wicked early this morning, ran a hard workout, and made it to work in plenty of time to shower, dress, enjoy my coffee, and drop a whole bunch of Greek Mythology references as if I was smrt or sumpthin'. Ta da!
Technorati Tags: greek mythology, labyrinth, ariadne, minotaur, running, workout, hills, interval, racing
They posted the results to Saturday's race, and I did about as well as I expected. I ran it in 29:32, which is a personal record for me. My previous PR for the 5K was 30:05. You can't see this, but I am patting my own back right now.
As far as placement goes, I placed 215th overall [49%], 141st in my gender [62%], and 25th in my age group [76%]. Not great, but I did really good for me.
Today, I ran five short hill repeats in Seneca Park. I did a one mile warm up, then I ran up and down Cherokee Garden Road [0.1 mile] five freakin' times. I finished with another mile cool down. The morning was lovely, which was great since the workout was a bitch. I'd have probably lain down and died if it was raining or something.
Getting to work was no problem. I didn't get lost coming out of Cherokee Park, a miracle because that place is the Labyrinth to me. I mean, I swear that place has a Minotaur in there somewhere. And I bet that bull-headed bugger used to narc on me in high school when I'd bring a date there to make out because I'd always get the cops rolling by with their flashlights just as I was making my moves. Then I'd be all nervous trying to get out of the park, get lost, and tremble with the thought that the cop would think that I was impaired because I was driving around like I just got off the boat. I guess I should have dated Ariadne.
Whoa, sorry for the digression. I don't know where that came from.
My point is that I got up wicked early this morning, ran a hard workout, and made it to work in plenty of time to shower, dress, enjoy my coffee, and drop a whole bunch of Greek Mythology references as if I was smrt or sumpthin'. Ta da!
Technorati Tags: greek mythology, labyrinth, ariadne, minotaur, running, workout, hills, interval, racing
Congrats on the race. Keep it up!
ReplyDelete