2007-09-15

Cool weather finally

ORN: 7 miles in 1:12:33.

This morning was lovely. I ran downtown along River Road, along the same route as next week's Downtown Doubler 15K. I only did 7 miles, and the race is 9.3, but it's going to be fine. My knees were feeling a tad sore toward the end, probably because I was avoiding traffic by getting off the road and running along the gravel shoulder. I think boredom will be my worst enemy next week. Running that long is boring.

Anyway, the weather was a very cool 55°, clear and sunny. The winds were mild coming off the river. The roads were growing busier with bikers, runners, and parents on their way to soccer practice with their kids. I ran past the Water Tower and some neat sand and gravel plants. Really, River Road has a lot of construction going on right now, so it isn't as lovely as it used to be. Maybe this time next year it will be nicer to look at.

BTW, my speedy streak continues. I ran 10:20/mile on average. My first mile, I was running at about 10-flat, and by the end I had slowed to around 10:30. I think I paced myself well.

No comments:

Post a Comment