ORN: .08 miles in whatever.
I didn't want to run this morning at all. I was too tired to function, and yet, my alarm woke up my wife. Bad news. She insisted I go out and run. Not because she is a super coach [she is] but because she was ticked off that my alarm woke her up. I stumbled around, trying to get my stuff together. Instead, I crawled onto the couch in the living room and tried to sneak another 45 minutes of sleep. After a couple minutes, she got out of bed and actually started her day, making coffee and firing up the boilers on the difference engines. I saw a window of opportunity, so using my 1337 ninja skillz, I slinked back into bed. She wasn't buying it and she threatened to use ice. She's dumped whole glasses of ice water on me before to get me out of bed, so the threat was real. I grudgingly got out of bed and dressed for a run.
I went out and was surprised to find a yellow eyed tabby cat gazing at me with great disdain, accusation, and laziness from her perch on the chairs on our front porch. Her expression was a reproachful mix of "You woke me, too" and "Let me in, human, and feed me lasagna." Being a sucker for animals and hoping to put off the inevitable run as long as I could, I stooped to pet the cat but she wasn't that into me. She fled.
So I started the clocks and started running. Immediately, my hips felt like they were going in three different directions. Pain shot through the hip joints, and each leg felt like it was going to come off with the next step. I stopped. That wasn't right. Screw it, I thought. I came back toward the house. Yellow eyes judged me as I walked. The cat was still on the porch, looming in the shadows of our wicker chairs. Now her expression was saying, "You're doing it wrong, ape."
It's all the cat's fault.
I'll try running again at lunch.
Technorati Tags: running, cats, injuries
I didn't want to run this morning at all. I was too tired to function, and yet, my alarm woke up my wife. Bad news. She insisted I go out and run. Not because she is a super coach [she is] but because she was ticked off that my alarm woke her up. I stumbled around, trying to get my stuff together. Instead, I crawled onto the couch in the living room and tried to sneak another 45 minutes of sleep. After a couple minutes, she got out of bed and actually started her day, making coffee and firing up the boilers on the difference engines. I saw a window of opportunity, so using my 1337 ninja skillz, I slinked back into bed. She wasn't buying it and she threatened to use ice. She's dumped whole glasses of ice water on me before to get me out of bed, so the threat was real. I grudgingly got out of bed and dressed for a run.
I went out and was surprised to find a yellow eyed tabby cat gazing at me with great disdain, accusation, and laziness from her perch on the chairs on our front porch. Her expression was a reproachful mix of "You woke me, too" and "Let me in, human, and feed me lasagna." Being a sucker for animals and hoping to put off the inevitable run as long as I could, I stooped to pet the cat but she wasn't that into me. She fled.
So I started the clocks and started running. Immediately, my hips felt like they were going in three different directions. Pain shot through the hip joints, and each leg felt like it was going to come off with the next step. I stopped. That wasn't right. Screw it, I thought. I came back toward the house. Yellow eyes judged me as I walked. The cat was still on the porch, looming in the shadows of our wicker chairs. Now her expression was saying, "You're doing it wrong, ape."
It's all the cat's fault.
I'll try running again at lunch.
Technorati Tags: running, cats, injuries
No comments:
Post a Comment