My official time was as I expected [for once]. Officially, I crossed the line at the 1:42:56. I finished as close to the rear of the pack as I could have finished without being dead last. I'm just pleased with myself, four weeks away from my first half-marathon, that I ran nine miles without dying.
The schedule said that today I ought to run 6 miles, but that wasn't happening. I decided to give myself the day off since I'm sore from the top of my neck to the soles of my feet. Nothing major, I just have the aches and pains of someone who has been hit by a truck. So today I will take it easy and restart tomorrow. My other off day this week will be Saturday, I guess. If I run everything as expected, it ought to be a 28 mile week. Next week [on vacation in Florida] is going to be a murderous one -- 39 miles including a 12 mile long run. I don't know how that is going to work, but we shall see.
Technorati Tags: running, racing, planning
The schedule said that today I ought to run 6 miles, but that wasn't happening. I decided to give myself the day off since I'm sore from the top of my neck to the soles of my feet. Nothing major, I just have the aches and pains of someone who has been hit by a truck. So today I will take it easy and restart tomorrow. My other off day this week will be Saturday, I guess. If I run everything as expected, it ought to be a 28 mile week. Next week [on vacation in Florida] is going to be a murderous one -- 39 miles including a 12 mile long run. I don't know how that is going to work, but we shall see.
Technorati Tags: running, racing, planning
No comments:
Post a Comment