2007-09-10

Just call me The Flash

ORN: 6 miles in 1:03:22.

I remember this Seinfeld episode where Jerry hits on this girl at a bar with this extraordinarily amazing pick-up line: "You may not know it by looking at me, but I can run really fast." Well, that was me this morning. I ran really fast this morning. For me. Again, if someone was watching me at 5:30 this morning, they would wonder who let the beefalos out. On the flats, I had a good turnover going, and on the downhills, I just let gravity do what it does best. It was on the uphill bits that I struggled. Were it not for the uphill bits, I would not have walked. Unfortunately, I have not found the loop or out-and-back route that was all downhill. They ought to hire M.C. Escher as a city planner. That would kick ass.

I've shuffled around my schedule so that one of my rest days falls on the weekend. I think that will work better because I desperately want to sleep in on the weekends, and my spouse all but demanded it. She grew tired of me going to bed early every single night of the week because either I had work or a workout in the morning. Something about wanting to spend time with me when the child is asleep, blah blah blah. Seriously, though, my new schedule makes the spooky sort of sense that I feel like I may not be as smart as I thought I was for not thinking of it sooner.

Essentially, Sunday and Thursday are rest days, and my long run is on Saturday. That's going to pose a bit of a problem since my next two races are on Sundays, but everything will work out.

Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment