2007-09-11

Another day, another run

ORN: 3 miles in 31:08.

My times are pretty good lately. Well, my last two runs were pretty swift anyway. For me. I ran through my rather flat neighborhood, so the workout was hardly what one would call a challenge. However, the challenge of getting up? Pwned. I've got the system now. Since I am back sleeping with The Missus, I've got a coach of sorts. You see, she's pissed enough that my alarm goes off before the sun comes up. Like heck she's going to let me hit snooze a dozen times much less reset my alarm. Oh no, she's shoving me out of the bed at her first opportunity.

Why have I not been sleeping in the same bed as my wife? Ask her. She's the one who let our four year old watch Doctor Who with her -- the episode with the faceless people. Scared the Fruit Loops out of the child. For weeks, the child could not go into another room of the house without one of us with her. So she's been sleeping in Mommy's bed, and I'd been snoozing in the girly pink room with Winnie the Pooh walls and lacy comforters. It was nice, actually.

But lately, we've been applying the tough love. Junior is back in her bedroom; I'm back in the Love Shack™; life's good. And now I have a coach who won't let me sleep in. w00t!

Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment