2007-11-27

I'm on a streak!

ORN: 3 miles in 31:52, running around downtown is nice in the fall.

I ran today, and I ran yesterday. I am on a two-day streak, which is remarkable if you look over my recent history. I'm on the nadir of my run consistently/be a lazy slug cycle. The good news is that I seem to be on an upswing.

But weight...
I am trying to lose weight, as you might have noticed, and I am doing rather well. I did a downright un-American thing and actually lost weight last week. I owe it to moderation and Dance Dance Revolution. [I know, welcome to 2002, Ed.] Wifey and I operated under the [mis]conception that the DDR pad would be damaged if we used it on a bare concrete floor like we have downstairs in our now-former-family room. Once we obtained a new entertainment center, heavy as the planet Neptune, we moved all our electronic gear upstairs into it. Now we can enjoy video games, DVDs, and cable all within sight of our kitchen. It is good to be American.

So the first thing we did was whip out the DDR mat and start doing our sad-sad-sad WASP version of dancing. [I know stereotypes hurt everyone, but I am white and cannot dance... deal with it.] Despite my genetic handicaps, I pwn the DDR mat at our house, but Wifey is putting in the hours herself, so we might have to have a dance off to settle matters.


I mentioned that I was able to eat moderately during Thanksgiving, but that is a bit disingenuous. The truth of the matter is that I could not eat lots of traditional foods due to recently discovered food allergies. Turkey, onions, carrots, shellfish, green pepper, coffee -- because of my allergies to these foods, there were whole Zip codes of the buffet line I couldn't mess with. That left me free to gorge myself on mashed potatoes [sans gravy], pies, bread, and ham.

The group thing
The running group with which I ran last winter is reforming. This time, I am volunteering to be a captain. I am not sure what that means, but I hope that it involves pie [I love this time of year]. The team's stated purpose is to prepare people for the Derby Marathons and the Triple Crown. As I am going to run in both, I intend to participate to my fullest ability. That way I will be sure and not wuss out on my long runs.


Technorati Tags: , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment