ORN: 3 miles in an astonishing 30:24, and I don't use the word astonishing lightly.
I don't understand how the headwind I ran against my whole run was meteorologically possible. I ran into the wind almost the whole three miles. And my route is zigzaggy. I run nouth three blocks, then I go east a block, then I run south 8 or 10 blocks, then east a block, then south.... You would think that I would catch a break, but no! Like people with the Christmas spirit, the wind was always in my face.
Still, I managed to pull off a good run. I felt strong initially, if for no other reason than I wanted to be out of the cold, wind, and stinging light rain as soon as possible. Then, after my take-off afterburners petered out, I held it nice and steady through the end. It was nice except for the wind. I feel like I could have broken 30 minutes if the wind hadn't held me back.
Speaking of making excuses, my weight might be plateauing at around 181 or so. This weekend, I broke 180 for the first time in forever; but following some indiscretions, I am back up. Of course, I am not being as vigilant about my weight as I have been in the recent past. That's probably a large part of the problem. Like last night's two glasses of Shiraz was probably too much. If only I had had the forethought to pour both into one big glass, I could have saved myself two points. You'd think I'd know how to drink by now.
Tomorrow, I will probably do another three, then an easy 1.5 or 2 on Friday, and a 10K for my long run on Saturday.
Technorati Tags: running, weight loss, meteorology
I don't understand how the headwind I ran against my whole run was meteorologically possible. I ran into the wind almost the whole three miles. And my route is zigzaggy. I run nouth three blocks, then I go east a block, then I run south 8 or 10 blocks, then east a block, then south.... You would think that I would catch a break, but no! Like people with the Christmas spirit, the wind was always in my face.
Still, I managed to pull off a good run. I felt strong initially, if for no other reason than I wanted to be out of the cold, wind, and stinging light rain as soon as possible. Then, after my take-off afterburners petered out, I held it nice and steady through the end. It was nice except for the wind. I feel like I could have broken 30 minutes if the wind hadn't held me back.
Speaking of making excuses, my weight might be plateauing at around 181 or so. This weekend, I broke 180 for the first time in forever; but following some indiscretions, I am back up. Of course, I am not being as vigilant about my weight as I have been in the recent past. That's probably a large part of the problem. Like last night's two glasses of Shiraz was probably too much. If only I had had the forethought to pour both into one big glass, I could have saved myself two points. You'd think I'd know how to drink by now.
Tomorrow, I will probably do another three, then an easy 1.5 or 2 on Friday, and a 10K for my long run on Saturday.
Technorati Tags: running, weight loss, meteorology
No comments:
Post a Comment