ORN: 3.8 miles in 39:24. Today was a gorgeous 45°, sunny, and pleasant. As I ran upstream along the Ohio River, I raced a barge and beat it. Of course, it was hauling a bazillion tons of gravel or something, but my motto is to claim all victories.
I don't think I have ever experienced the famed runners' high. I am experiencing the satisfaction of keeping my commitment. After the last few runs, I have had a deep sense of self-satisfaction, not for my performance, but that I did it. I got my ticket punched; I kept my word; I ran. If I do nothing else worthwhile today, if I have no other success, if I have no other experience of accomplishment today, I bask in the warm glow of having finished my run.
In other news, there was an open slot on the Derby Mini Marathon team here at work. I now fill that slot. That means I pay no fee! w00t!
Technorati Tags: running, commitment, derby
I don't think I have ever experienced the famed runners' high. I am experiencing the satisfaction of keeping my commitment. After the last few runs, I have had a deep sense of self-satisfaction, not for my performance, but that I did it. I got my ticket punched; I kept my word; I ran. If I do nothing else worthwhile today, if I have no other success, if I have no other experience of accomplishment today, I bask in the warm glow of having finished my run.
In other news, there was an open slot on the Derby Mini Marathon team here at work. I now fill that slot. That means I pay no fee! w00t!
Technorati Tags: running, commitment, derby
No comments:
Post a Comment