2008-01-31

I had to slog through it today

ORN: 3.82 miles in 40:03. Today was warmer than yesterday, 32°. I nailed the right outfit for the weather, not too hot or too cold. But even with proper heat management, I was still pretty miserable today. Whereas yesterday I ran carried along on the wings of faeries and the breath of unicorns, I just had to slog through the dismal mud of mediocrity. Each step was as dull and flabby as a catfish. I had to coach myself through every step, from the decision to rise from my desk to go to the locker room, through every step of the run, until I was in the shower. Dreadful.

My therapist said -- and I cannot believe I am stating this publicly -- that I need to be a better father to myself. A lot of my negative self-talk comes directly from those that have served in that role in my life, and so she says I need to be a better father than they were to myself like I am a better father to my darling Junior Mint. *blush* So, I am glad that I went out there and stuck with it. It was hard, but I did it anyway.

The chainsaw juggling badass Betsy suggested in a recent comment that I ought to post my playlists. I'll need to figure out an easy way to do that apart from manually typing it in. But for now, here is what I ran to today.
  1. "Heil and Geil" by KMFDM
  2. "Brand New Cadillac" by The Clash
  3. "A Place in my Heart" by Social Distortion
  4. "A Soundtrack to Saturday Night" by The Articles
  5. "Runnin' Around" by The B-52s
  6. "Mommy, Can I Go Out and Kill Tonight? (Live)" by The Misfits
  7. "You'll Miss Me" by They Might Be Giants
  8. "London Calling" by The Clash
  9. "Got My Own Thing Now" by Squirrel Nut Zippers
  10. "Allston, Mass" by The Allstonians
  11. "10,000 Shots" by The Real McKenzies
  12. "Girl Anachronism" by Dresden Dolls
  13. "Hedgecore" by Operation Ivy
  14. "Glad to See You Go" by The Ramones
  15. "Mood No. 6" by My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult
If I could figure out how to print these lists out auto-magically, and have it link the songs to Amazon's MP3 download site, I would be in tall cotton. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. You can export a text version of an iTunes playlist ...

    Some days are just tough. Just look at it from a Nietzschean perspective and pull through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I tinkered around with that last night. It exports them into a nice text file or XML file. I also experimented with some tools I found online, but they rendered them into HTML tables, which are evil, especially to Blogger. Blogger hates tables.

    I'm afraid what I will have to do is create my own tool that will take the content and reformat it into an ordered list like I have it in the post above. I could do that pretty easily, and plus it would give me experience working with XML.

    ReplyDelete