2008-02-18

Don't die, DJ Nano!

ORN: 4.94 miles in 50:02. I was just shy of running 10 minute per mile. I'll take it, especially since Lance Armstrong congratulated me on a PR for the mile -- 9:59. He's wrong. Something must be amiss with Nike+'s data files, but I appreciate his taking time out from his busy schedule to say hello. Besides, Paula Radcliffe probably needed a break from congratulating me on running more than 500 km. In any case, I did run fast today. I did six or seven fartleks, running quite farther than usual, past the McAlpine Locks I think. Negative splits, too.

It was 44° and partly sunny with some strong winds.

I fear for my dear DJ Nano. My beloved bride gave it to me for Christmas 2005, and since then he's spun the tracks faithfully. But now, as he approaches the ripe old age of three, his battery is not what it used to be. He doesn't hold a charge. In fact, this morning when I turned him on so I could rock out while I went through my email, he was running on fumes -- battery nearly devoid of juice. This was half a day after a full recharge and no usage. I've heard that I could take it into an Apple Store and get it fixed or replaced, but I don't know. I might not do it if they charge me the $50 fee I've heard about. But then again, I can hardly imagine life without my beloved DJ. A puzzler, indeed. Here's what he played for me today:
  1. Sunshine of Your Love - Bim Skala Bim
  2. Big Boom Bop - Big John Bates
  3. Lovefool - The Cardigans
  4. Conquest - The White Stripes
  5. Keep Hope Alive - The Crystal Method
  6. Bales of Cocaine - Reverend Horton Heat
  7. Guitar Date - The 5.6.7.8's
  8. Stand on Your Own Head - They Might Be Giants
  9. Think for Yourself - The Beatles
  10. Helter Skelter - The Beatles
  11. Bankshot - Operation Ivy
  12. Piece Of My Heart - Janis Joplin
  13. Come On with the Come-On - Cab Calloway and His Orchestra
  14. Push Wood - Jackie Opel
  15. High School - Isaac Green And The Skalars
  16. Skintight - The Donnas
  17. Starsky - The Articles

In other news, I will not be running with my beloved running group on Saturday. In fact, I will probably have to get up earlier than normal to get in my long run. I have a stupid Kentuckiana PMI meeting to attend. It's annoying as heck, but it will be worth it if I can transform the inconvenience into some killer networking opportunities. A new job would be great.

1 comment:

  1. I'd take it by the apple store and have them check it out; I want to say there were some junk batteries that got recalled. Not sure though.

    http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/service/battery/

    We'll miss you Saturday!

    ReplyDelete