2008-03-03

Voom!

ORN: 5 flippin' miles in 50:03. Yeah, that's a ten minute mile pace, even with walk breaks. That trembly feeling in your chest as you read this is awe.

Today was fantastic. The sun shone, and the temperature was a lovely 70°. I could not help but enjoy today's run. The 20 MPH headwind didn't bother me. The cramps in my legs didn't bother me. It was a lovely pre-spring day, and I savored every step.

Regarding the run itself, I am trying not to over-think my sudden 30 seconds per mile increase in pace. True, I have a new Nike+ sensor. True, I recalibrated it yesterday after eating way too much ham for Sunday brunch. But I am not a big fan of analyzing a good thing until it's not good anymore. I'm fast now. Go me.

I would be remiss if I did not mention that since I did not win Saturday's race [some dude ran it in 14-something... obscene], I afterward kept my vow and ate Papa John's pizza and drank Leinenkugel's Honey Weiß beer. I also chopped the hell out of some trees with a chainsaw. It was an awesome day.

Yo gabba gabba.
  1. The Hardest Button to Button - The White Stripes
  2. Say Uncle - Foibles
  3. Rolling Stone - Bob Marley and The Wailers
  4. Livin' on the Edge (Of Houston) - Reverend Horton Heat
  5. No Values - Black Flag
  6. King of Fools - Social Distortion
  7. Hoboken - Operation Ivy
  8. Give Me Back My Man - The B-52's
  9. Fscking in Rhythm & Sorrow - The Sugarcubes
  10. My Curse - The Chop Tops
  11. Slow - Reverend Horton Heat
  12. Radio Friendly Unit Shifter - Nirvana
  13. Artificial Life - Operation Ivy
  14. Stand Alone - Bob Marley
  15. Big Man - Corrupted Morals
  16. Possessed to Skate - Suicidal Tendencies
  17. The New American Way - Dropkick Murphys
  18. Ohio River - Love Jones

1 comment:

  1. MAN! I didn't know you were adding chainsaws to the mix! Pizza, beer, running AND chainsaws. Freaking awesome.

    ReplyDelete