At work this morning, one of the ducks nesting in our parking lot was discovered to have a broken leg. Seriously, there was an announcement over the PA system and everything. A conscientious employee with contacts in the wild bird rehabilitation business decided to take it home once Animal Control officers arrived, salivating, with knife-and-fork in hand and a napkin wrapped around their necks.
All in all, a foul, fowl day.
Poor Oscar Pistorius. He be rollin'; the IAFF be hatin'. At issue is whether or not his Cheetah prosthetic legs give him an unfair advantage. Do they use less energy than organic legs? Does using them cause him comparatively less fatigue? Are they bouncier? The article is interesting because this guy's career [and those of other amputees] is in the balance and alternating assumptions and interpretations of data are at the core of the debate. As a tech geek and a runner, I'm interested in how it'll all play out. I'm rooting for Oscar, but I'm all for fairness in sport.
- Santa's Beard - They Might Be Giants
- Icky Thump - The White Stripes
- Easy Anwers - Crimpshrine
- Wise Up (Version) - Bim Skala Bim
- Puppet Lover - Isaac Green & The Skalars
- Best Day Until Tomorrow - The Real McKenzies
- Greed - Fugazi
- Cage & Aquarium - They Might Be Giants
- So Much Things To Say - Bob Marley and The Wailers
- I Got the Feelin' - James Brown
- Gravity - The Dresden Dolls
- Can You Feel That? - Crimpshrine
- Dope Sick Girl - Rancid
- Skintight - The Donnas
- Smack My Bitch Up - The Prodigy
- Forever - Dropkick Murphys
- I Turned Into A Martian - Misfits
- Big Little Baby - Reverend Horton Heat
- Rapture - Blondie
No comments:
Post a Comment