2008-05-16

Cross training makes me wet

ORN: [ ]

I swam for 30 minutes today at the YMCA, and holy guava juice, it was freakin' hard. I used to be a good swimmer, and I guess, in the sense that swimming is drowning avoidance with a vector, I am. But since my upper body has tapioca where muscles used to be, I am not a strong swimmer. In fact, after 10 minutes or so, I was huffing hard, my heart pounded like it never does when I run, and my arms and chest throbbed. I took it easy thereafter, taking breaks to catch my breath, and made it a nice even half-hour workout.

It turns out our YMCA has a swim instructor who will evaluate your form in a 30 minute coaching session. Cost is $10, so I figure I cannot lose if it helps me swim a little more efficiently. In any case, I gotta get my upper body in better shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment