ORN: 3.0 miles in 31:04, which I ran quite strongly considering I took a week and a half off. I felt like I could have run a little faster, but I decided not to tempt fate.
The Louisville Half Marathon is a scant fifteen weeks away, and I am already a week behind where I ought to be in my training. Actually, I am way behind given how inconsistent I've been this summer. I gotta pick it up if I want to do well this year.
The Louisville Half is a nice, flat, no-frills race with light but enthusiastic crowds of spectators. It's an easy PR if you are trained up for it. Which I am not.
This week, I'm going to reboot my training with 15 easy miles, since I've been such a slacker, and work my way up to 25 miles a week over the next few weeks. If I increase my mileage by 10% per week, then I ought to be running 25 miles per week by August 11th, which is fine. Keeping that mileage throughout the balance of the summer and adding speed work and cross training, I ought to be in excellent shape for October.
I'm in trouble with my training. June was my lowest mileage month of 2008. I'm just completely unmotivated. I need to sign up for some small races or something to get me focused.
15 weeks until a half? That's plenty of time to get ready!
ReplyDeleteYeah, you have plenty of time. The store may try to do a less formal group run on Saturdays starting in August. I just have to get it pulled together logistically, which I haven't had time to do. Will let you know.
ReplyDeleteThere is a little 3k this Saturday to benefit my stepdaughter's XC team; another 3k Aug. 9; and at least 3 5k races every weekend. If you're interested, we're planning to do a 10k in Louisville Aug. 23, then up to Columbus, Ind., for a 15k in September. Perfect prep, and it's nicer than the one here.