ORN: 3.0 miles in 31:47. I felt strong today despite the heat [86°/50% humidity]. I didn't take any walk breaks, which is a first for the week. I wish there was a way to shut down sweating quickly and harmlessly. I finished my run, stretched in the air conditioning, and took a cool shower. Still, I sweat freely at my desk for 10 minutes even with a fan running. Maybe if I jumped in a cold swimming pool afterward, but alas, no pool in the men's locker room at work.
Nerd alert. This weekend, we're going to the Origins Game Fair in Columbus with some friends. Confession time. Years ago, I used to play role playing games. [When I say it like that, it sounds like I am talking about horse-and-buggy days instead of 2003ish.1] Neither Wifey nor I have been to a "con" before, so we're both pretty jazzed about it. Yes, dear reader, we are bringing our dice bags.
But on a completely different on-topic topic, I am bringing my running gear, and I will be doing a speed workout while there. I read about how, if the heat kills you, you should run your intervals on a treadmill. As much as I hate treadmills, I hate the heat nearly as much so I am going to try it out on the hotel's fitness gear, which I am sure is Olympic quality.
1OK, I played in an email based campaign up to about 2005 or 2006. Playing Dungeons and Dragons over email has to be some kind of nerd singularity.2
2 OK, I still play some game or other about once every six months or so with this couple we are going with. Don't judge me.
This may seem really strange, but little Diane from the store just took her little sister up for that con yesterday. Too weird.
ReplyDeleteShe took her cloak.