2008-10-01

September was my worst month of 2008

ORN: 2.0 miles today in 20'15". At least I ran.

September was my worst month of 2008, wherein I logged a pathetic 23 miles. That, friends, is why I am not running in the Louisville Half Marathon later this month. 2008 was supposed to be the year of consistency, but it's not looking like it.

January: 60.3 miles
February: 84.7 miles
March: 93.4 miles
April: 79.4 miles
May: 44.8 miles
June: 41.5 miles
July: 43.8 miles
August: 60 miles
September: 23 miles

Or in super-dramatic ASCII-art-histogram format:
100 |
| *
90 | *
| * *
80 | * * *
| * * *
70 | * * *
| * * *
60 | * * * * *
| * * * * *
50 | * * * * *
| * * * * * * *
40 | * * * * * * * *
| * * * * * * * *
30 | * * * * * * * *
| * * * * * * * * *
20 | * * * * * * * * *
| * * * * * * * * *
10 | * * * * * * * * *
| * * * * * * * * *
0 |_*___*___*___*___*___*___*___*___*_____________
J F M A M J J A S O N D


I have to start rebuilding my base and getting my stuff back on track. This is ridiculous. I have to be more creative about when I can carve out time to run and more disciplined about seizing those opportunities. Right now, just about anything seems like a good excuse for me to skip running. I don't know, folks. I'm really struggling here.

1 comment:

  1. September was a bad month for me too, but pretty much by choice. '08 though has been anything but consistent. I'm ready to just start over ... but I feel like I've been saying that a lot!

    ReplyDelete