ORN: Pissed off but smug from voting early, I ran 3.0 miles in 30'45", which isn't bad. I felt faster, but I won't complain. I was hyper-pissed about something [don't ask] and going over what I should do about it. I was so wrapped up in my head that I missed my turn-around point by nearly a tenth of a mile. I was huffing like a locomotive by the time I stopped. I figured I ran 8 minute miles or something. Obviously not.
But on the upside, Wifey sent me a fruit bucket, just because. That helped big bunches. A gift bouquet of beer would have been even nicer, but I am certainly not complaining about that either.
Moving on....
I've signed up for the YMCA Turkey Trot, scheduled for early Thanksgiving morning. That'll be awesome. Too, I think we are going do our own thing for Thanksgiving, rather than spend it with family and endure all that stress. Then, maybe we'll go to Indianapolis and take in the Children's Museum. Who knows. The plans are all on paper at this point, but I am pretty excited about it.
Then, my employer has agreed to help out with the registration fee for the Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon. We have a team that we send to the Mini [a.k.a., Half], and I was in that group last year. But I've decided to go rogue and run twice as far as I need to. This will be my first 26.2. Anyway, that application is in the mail too.
I need to get my employer to start springing for registration fees. Not too much to ask of a medical center, right? Especially when our vision/mission has something about building healthy communities.
ReplyDelete