2008-11-30

The Wisdom of Children

ORN: On the YMCA's treadmill, I slept through 3.22 miles in 31'28". When I say I slept through it, you know what I mean. It was a treadmill workout. I did it. It's done.

Actually, it's all thanks to Little One that I ran at all today. Wifey is down with a stomach bug, and Little One and I were struggling to entertain ourselves. Today was turning into a lazy Sunday in front of the television until my beloved child said that she wanted to go to the YMCA. I asked her what she wanted to do at the Y. She said that she wanted to go swimming.

"How about we make a deal," I suggested. "You go to the Adventure Center for a little while while I run on the treadmill. Just a short run. Then we will go swimming together for an hour."

"OK," she sighed.

We went over the plan a couple times on the way, and much to my surprise, she let me run without fussing, and then we swam. It was a good day. Despite a strong urge to be lazy, I got my run in and met my weekly distance goal. Thanks, baby!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go! I sure wish we had a Y in my town! Then maybe I could get a run in on the weekend - hubby always seems to find an excuse to bugger off and leave me with the kids :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That worked out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete