2008-12-03

Snug as a bug in my new top

ORN: Tonight, I ran after dinner, which was a mistake. With delicious roast chicken sloshing around my GI tract, I slogged my way through 3.5 miles in 35'25". I trucked around my neighborhood, gazing at the stars and thinking about races to come, how I was going to run through the holidays, and when I was going to start training for the marathon in the spring.

What I wasn't thinking about was the weather thanks to my new SportHill Infuzion Pocket Top. I won it from the fremen naibs over at The Runners' Lounge. I won one of their contests.

It was 34° tonight, and I wore it over a long-sleeve, lightweight technical shirt, and I was rather warm by the end of the run. I imagine I could wear what I wore down into the twenties without having to put on a shell. Its fabric warms as much yet is much lighter than my old fleece pullover. Plus, it has a sleeve pocket [perfect for an iPod or car keys], a back pocket [perfect for a wallet or some ID and cash], and thumb holes. The thumb holes are interesting. Suddenly, gloves are a judgment call. I went sans gloves tonight, employed the thumb holes, and didn't have a worry in the world.

The top fits snugly, allowing one to layer under or over it comfortably. The neck also comes up like a turtleneck if you pull the 12" zipper up all the way.

If I had to complain about something, I wish there was some reflective tape on it somewhere. Really, though, that's a minor bitch. I wore my dorky reflective vest and didn't get splattered.

Thanks Runners' Lounge and SportHill!

No comments:

Post a Comment